Many women want eyelashes that are longer, fuller and darker. Until recently, the only solution to this problem was costly, inconvenient and sometimes dangerous eyelash extensions. LATISSE® is an FDA-approved treatment designed to deliver more visible, longer lashes.
What is LATISSE®?
LATISSE® is a liquid medication designed to treat the condition known as hypotrichosis. Hypotrichosis is the medical term for insufficient hair growth, in this case referring to missing or inadequate eyelashes. LATISSE® has been used to address:
- Short eyelashes
- Thin eyelashes
- Eyelashes with low visibility
How does Latisse® Work?
LATISSE® is a self-applied medication, meaning that it is used at home. LATISSE® is delivered as a 16 week program, where the medication is applied each night. The results of LATISSE® will be dramatically diminished if the program is not completed as advised.
During self-application, the LATISSE® solution is applied gently to the top eyelid. This is done using a sterile application pad, provided as a part of treatment.
The eyelash-enhancing results of LATISSE® occur gradually over the 16 weeks:
- At week 0: Self-treatment treatment begins. No results will be visible during this phase.
- At week 4: Increased eyelash length may start to appear.
- At week 8: Most LATISSE® users begin to notice increased fullness and darkness, in addition to the boosted length.
- At week 12: Enhanced eyelashes are more visible.
- At week 16: The full, dramatic results of LATISSE® are present.